Monday 21 June 2010

Solstice Dance ..



Its that longest day again.. & I am sharing this painting today because it, too came round more than once. The 2nd photo above is a close-up. The painting was itself part of a larger piece that didn't work out, & I kept this bit, & worked on it recently in conjunction with sitting with a Stone I picked up while on a retreat in the Sinai desert some years ago. The stone has two areas of colour similar to those of this painting, & it guided me to turn this into a finished piece. So thank you, Stone.

Its title is "Sinai Stone Dance", both because it was a dance gradually adding to it, mostly adding subtle colours to the pale areas, & also because the finished piece has a feel of movement, of dance to it for me.

And on we go round the year.. I am really feeling the length of these current days because we are blessed with good weather here in SW Wales. A group of us are meeting to have a fire & share food on the beach this evening; & I like to think of other people all over the place , meeting & marking this day in their different ways, as the year turns again..
So, Solstice Blessings to all who read this, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment